Tanzania Slide Show

Thursday, March 11, 2010

To: Chelsii

Today in class a student gave me a gift. It was a piece of paper folded into a letter that was addressed to me. I said thank you, put it in my pocket, and went back to teaching. However, sometime over the next hour, I managed to lose the note. I felt like I had just lost a love letter or something, and was terribly worried that if someone found it and opened it that it would be very embarrassing for the kid who wrote it. I kept looking under desks and backpacks for it as I went around correcting their exercises, but with no luck. I found it later in the grass just outside of the classroom and let out a big sigh of relief.

When I got home, I was very excited to open the letter and see what was inside. I unfolded it very carefully, making sure not to rip the paper…..and there inside was a completely blank piece of paper. What a letdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment