Tanzania Slide Show

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pangani

Yesterday, baba, kaka, na mimi (my host dad, my brother, and I) went to Pangani to swim in the Indian Ocean and relax by the beach. Historically, Pangani is an important city in Tanzania, but we were mainly going to stay at a resort for the day.

Overall, I had a great time in the beach, but going to this very nice getaway with American-style food, people to wait on you, a swimming pool, and a full bar felt very strange to me.

Also, to get to Pangani you have to drive 55 km over bumpy, dirt roads. It takes a little over an hour, but could take less than half of that if the road were paved. Also, if the road were paved, people could use the road to get to Dar es Salam in about two-thirds of the time it currently takes to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment