Tanzania Slide Show

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Post Office

My experience at the Post Office was actually quite interesting. They don’t sell any packages to put your things in, and instead send you to the stationary next door to purchase your packaging materials. The balance is also analog, making weight just a visual approximation. To send a package to the US of a weight between 0.5 and 1.0 kg, it costs 27,300 / + (TZ shillings). My package was clearly over the 1kg, but the woman just smiled and said, “it is 1kg,” so we went with that. The package is supposed to take 7 to 10 days to get there, but has already surpassed that timeframe. I was also due to receive a package from the US four days ago, but it too has yet to arrive. I knew that the 1 week arrival dates were just too good to be true, but I’d be curious to follow a package en route to its destination and take note of its journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment