Tanzania Slide Show

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drawing the Line

Every day the students arrive with their exercise books and a pencil. However, there is no red line down the side to indent the paper in most of the books, so every day the students line up to have the teacher draw a straight line down the sides of their paper before they start writing.

The teacher asked me to do this for the kids, which was fine except for the fact that I wasn’t sure exactly how far from the spine it was supposed to go, and how perfectly straight it needed to be (every second counts when you are trying to put lines in the exercise books of over 60 kids). Furthermore, multiple students came up to me with an exercise book that already had a pink line down the edge. I wasn’t quite sure what to do with the books….so I just copied over that same line with my pen and they all seemed ecstatic at the improvement. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment