Tanzania Slide Show

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Birds

The housekeeper's two year old daughter and I were sitting on the couch the other day, when all of a sudden a very loud bird started squawking at us through the roof. We looked up, saw nothing, and went back to business. A few minutes later, it did it again – it sounded like the birds at my house in Annapolis that get stuck in the vents. The little girl started squawking right back at the bird, which seemed to be squawking at a more frequent pace now. I joined in the fun, and we had a great time laughing while imitating our new bird friend.

That night I heard the bird again and my host brother said, “I’ll get it.” I didn’t know what he meant until he told me someone was at the gate. I guess that’s just our new alarm system chirping!

1 comment: